The Celebration of the centenary of our Carmelite Nuns in Preston was a wonderful event: 13th May 1917-2107. It coincided with the centenary of the apparitions in Fatima. Our Bishop was there, Michael Campbell, and about ten concelebrants. The little chapel was packed as over 150 people attended: the normal congregation on a Sunday would be about 20.
The photos are of the exhibition that the nuns put on. All those who attended the ceremony were allowed into the nun’s enclosure for refreshments, to meet the sisters, see the exhibition and generally have a good nose around. They have a large beautiful garden. The article written below dates back to 1917 by the local newspaper. One extraordinary factor is that the Carmel was constructed during the first world war.